Manual Lymphatic Drainage Diploma
|You must hold the following level of qualification before undertaking this course:||
Holistic Massage Diploma, ITEC Level 3 or equivalent
|Qualification attained at the end of this course:||DIPLOMA accredited by CThA|
|Course duration:||TWO days|
The Manual Lymphatic Drainage Diploma is designed as another "add-on" technique for qualified massage therapists, who want to expand the range of therapies they can offer their clients.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is a specialised massage therapy in which the practitioner uses a range of specialised and gentle rhythmic pumping techniques to move the skin in the direction of the lymph flow. This stimulates the lymphatic vessels which carry substances vital to the defence of the body and removes waste products. This advanced therapy is designed to cleanse, relax and have a powerful effect on the immune system.
MLD is probably best known for the treatment of lymphoedema, swelling that is often seen in response to cancer surgery. The technique can be used to prevent the onset of lymphoedema or to alleviate an existing condition.
- is deeply relaxing
- promotes the healing of fractures, torn ligaments, sprains and lessens pain.
- can improve many chronic conditions: sinusitus, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, acne and other skin conditions.
- may strengthen the immune system.
- relieves fluid congestion: swollen ankles, tired puffy eyes and swollen legs due to pregnancy.
- is an effective component of the treatment and control of lymphoedema and assists in conditions arising from venous insufficiency.
- promotes healing of wounds and burns and improves the appearance of old scars.
- minimises or reduces stretch marks.
News dates for this course will be available soon. Please subscribe to our newsletter to be notified.
Holistic Massage Diploma (ITEC Level 3); Sports Massage Certificate (ITEC Level 3); Sports Massage Certificate (ITEC Level 4); Balinese Massage; Crystal Healing Practitioners Diploma; Cupping and Moxibustion Diploma; Deep Tissue Massage Diploma; Eden Energy Medicine 101 & 102; Honey Massage Diploma; Hopi Ear Candle Therapy Diploma; Hot Crystal Massage Diploma; Hot Stone Massage Diploma; Indian Head Massage Diploma; Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Massage Diploma; Manual Lymphatic Drainage Diploma; Medical Massage Diploma; Myofascial Release Massage Diploma; Natural Facelift Massage Diploma; Pregnancy Massage Diploma; Sound Healing or Himalayan Singing Bowl Therapy; Sports Massage Techniques Diploma; Thai Acupressure and Hot Herbal Compress Diploma; Thai Yoga Sports Massage; Thai Yoga Couch Massage Diploma; Trigger Point Massage Diploma;