Sports Massage Certificate (ITEC Level 4)
You must hold a Level 3 qualification in Massage (either Holistic Massage or Sports Massage) before you can undertake this course.
Qualification attained: ITEC Sports Massage Certificate, Level 4
Course duration: 10 contact days over a 6 month period
The format of this course is "fast-track", enabling students to attain their Sports Massage Diploma in 6 months. Attendance is full time for four days in the first month and four days in the second month (unlike most Further Education Colleges which offer this course spread over an entire academic year). Then 6 months later, there are two more days for the mock and final exams.
You will find other colleges that claim to get you through this course in three months. While this course is not academically burdonsome, it requires A LOT of coursework. 50 case studies, 50 hours of documented volunteer work at sporting events and several more evidenced treatments. We feel that most students will not find it possible to complete this in just 3 months. Even 6 months will be tough - like all our fast-track courses - especially for anyone in full-time work. But we know that 6 months is possible.
The Sport Massage Diploma is provides an excellent opportunity for the qualified Massage Therapist to further his or her knowldege of body therapy. During the course, students will learn special techniques that can be applied to a variety of common sporting injuries and conditions appropriate to Sport Massage and cover a wide range of topics relevant to sports and exercise, including:
- The changes that occur during exercise to the muscular system.
- The physiology of a muscle cell.
- The effects of stress on muscles during sport.
- The origin, insertion and action of a wide range of muscles.
- The changes that occur during exercise to the neurological system.
- The stresses and strains put on the spine and joints during sporting activities
- The possible causes and effects of a variet of diseases and disorders and their effect on specific sports
- The principles of sports training
- The stages of the healing process and the possible treaments available.
- The use of preventative and rehabilitative training to reinforce massage treatments.
- Methods of consultation
- The selection of appropriate massage, according to the client's condition and needs.
- A knowledge of common sports injuries that can be treated after medical approval.
The first 8 contact days are very practical and "hands-on". Students will be be guided through the more theoretical aspects of the Sports Massage Syllabus, but will be expected to undertake much of the studying required in their own time. Contact days will be primarily practical.
The Sport Massage Diploma course will allow successful students to joint the Sports Massage Association (SMA).
News dates for this course will be available soon. Please subscribe to our newsletter to be notified.
Holistic Massage Diploma (ITEC Level 3); Sports Massage Certificate (ITEC Level 3); Sports Massage Certificate (ITEC Level 4); Balinese Massage; Crystal Healing Practitioners Diploma; Cupping and Moxibustion Diploma; Deep Tissue Massage Diploma; Eden Energy Medicine 101 & 102; Honey Massage Diploma; Hopi Ear Candle Therapy Diploma; Hot Crystal Massage Diploma; Hot Stone Massage Diploma; Indian Head Massage Diploma; Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Massage Diploma; Manual Lymphatic Drainage Diploma; Medical Massage Diploma; Myofascial Release Massage Diploma; Natural Facelift Massage Diploma; Pregnancy Massage Diploma; Sound Healing or Himalayan Singing Bowl Therapy; Sports Massage Techniques Diploma; Thai Acupressure and Hot Herbal Compress Diploma; Thai Yoga Sports Massage; Thai Yoga Couch Massage Diploma; Trigger Point Massage Diploma;